In order for the CFC to keep an updated list of ratings for its members, tournament results must be reported. This page describes how to submit a tournament report.
- General Guidelines
- What Not to Do - common mistakes and how to avoid them
- Handling Forfeits
- How to Submit via E-Mail
- How to Submit via Regular Mail
- Fill in all relevant fields at the top of the form. This includes
- Name of Tournament
- Organizer/Organizing Club
- TD CFC#
- Org CFC#
- Ending Date of Tournament (Very Important!),
- Not all tournaments will have multiple sections.
- Not all tournaments will have an Organizer and/or Organizers CFC#.
- Indicate clearly if tournament is Regular or Active Rated.
- Active Rated tournaments should have Active in the title (e.g. Keres Active)
- Please use full names.
- Tournament Directors must have CFC numbers.
- All rated forfeits must have "RF" in the box.
- All unrated forfeits must have "F" in the box.
- Submit a tournament ASAP after the event ends.
What not to do
- Submit a tournament without payment.
- Submit a tournament with incomplete information.
- Have one player play two people in the same round.
- Do not put membership information on crosstable. (e.g. Change of address, Membership money collected).
- Do not submit tournament more than one month after end of event.
- Do not use partial names (e.g. J.Smith).
- Do not use player numbers such as 21a or 21b.
The CFC Reporting Format asks a submission to distinguish between a "Forfeit" and a "Rated Forfeit". The Forfeit is marked with "WF/LF" and the rated Forfeit is marked as "WRF/LRF".
A Forfeit should be marked either as "L0/W0", a Loss or Win against player 0, or it can be marked as "LF3/WF3". A Rated Forfeit should be marked "LRFn/WRFn" where n is the player's number. Notice the "RF" must appear for a rated forfeit.
Submitting via E-Mail
Submitting via Regular Mail
- Tournament MUST be sent with payment. Credit card payment may be sent by E-Mail or called into the office. Tournaments without payment will be refused.
- Submit each section on separate piece of paper.
- Submit tournament reports on standard 8 ½ x 11 paper (do not enlarge or shrink forms)
- Please write clearly.
- Use the CFC Tournament Forms or approved computer printouts. (See North Bay International Open – U1600 example)
- Please do NOT submit Wall Chart, it is not accetpable.